Monday, August 25, 2008

today is the day !!!



Today is the start of the new school year!!!! woo hoo!! I don't think I could be happier. This morning we got off to a great start.. Owen got up in a great mood, ate breakfast, and brushed his teeth.... then it started. Owen hurt his ankle somehow last night(I think it was when he jumped out of the swing)and started complaining about it. He asked for me to pray for him & of course I did and gave him a Tylenol. Then it was time to do his hair.. he wanted it spiky. By the time we were ready to roll(or should I say walk) he was feeling much better. He said he was a little nervous but that it would go away and a lot of people do on the 1st day.... WOW he really is growing up!!! So we walked to the square and we met Owen's friend Christian... so we all walked together. Once I was close enough I let Owen walk the rest of the way with his friend. Before I left him I asked for a kiss.Owen was a little reluctant but gave me one anyway.. I guess my days are numbered for PDA!!!


Carter was very mad that he couldn't go this morning with Owen. He doesn't go until
12:00.. He just doesn't understand. He cried and screamed for quite sometime. He is so excited for today. He has been talking about school for a long time. He was very antsy all morning about it.. "when is my bus coming, Mom?" so after lunch he quickly brushed his teeth, let me give him a faux hawke and take some cute pics of him. He patiently waited for that big yellow bus to pull up in front of the house so he could climb each huge step and find his seat... not before giving me some kisses.. gotta love my lil boys!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They both have grown so much, and they looked so happy to be going to school. Not long and the little one will be going too since the time flies by so fast.
Love you, Jan