Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Nursery at GSCC

Our church, Good Shepherd Communtiy Church, remolded. We expanded our kidz ministry areas. That gives us so much more "breathing" room to work with our children.

I got to pick out the paint scheme for the nursery and chose "ginger bite" with "delta sandbar" as an accent color. I will have to update this with and over all picture of the room(s).It's technically 1 big room divided by a half wall. That helps keep the babies from getting ran over by the 2 year olds..LOL
This is the window...I made the curtain by "upcycling" a tablecloth and adding some ribbon. the roll up shade is flat stick bamboo. The sanitizer container has a monkey on it..My mom picked that up.. it's a perfect fit.


My main bullentin board.. this is the 1st thing you would see when you walk into the room. I had Jason rip down some bamboo and cover the generic wood trim of it.
This bullentin board has our monthly lesson on it. It is placed so the "teacher" can see it while sitting with the lil ones. Jason also added his touch to this one by adding bamboo to it.



"sprouts" & "shoots"
I made words out of thinner bamboo and wrapped the joints with raffia. This was really fun. I picked the words sprouts and shoots to represent how bamboo would start off.. Sprouts being the babies and shoots being the 2 year olds.





This piece of bamboo is awaiting monkeys to be painted from it.
we have an in house artist that is going to draw the outline and then I am gonna paint it with "milk chocolate" It won't be detailed. and the color is all off.. poor lighting ;(

No comments: