Friday, January 29, 2010

Callie

about 3 night ago Callie woke screaming in pain saying her leg hurts. I really didn't think that much about it. I actually thought it was growing cramps(Owen used to get 'em). SO i rubbed her leg but that night was terrible! She was up every hour or so crying in pain. The next night was O.K. Sh did wake once saying it hurts but then slept the rest of the night. Now we are at yesterday:: She complained off and on that her leg hurt and asked me to hold her throughout the day. I still didn't really think that much about it. Thought she just wanted me to hold her. She went to bed at 7:30 but was up by 11:30 with more leg pain.. She had another terrible night.. tossing n turning & screaming out! So this morning she is walking with a limp on her right side. I ask her to show mommy what hurts. She pointed to her right knee. I gave her some Advil and pondered taking her to the Doctor. I called them and they wanted to see her right away. Her Dr. took one look at it and said it swollen, I wanna do blood work to check for Lyme disease! My head started spinning!! Ticks cause Lyme and we are in the middle of winter her in Pa! LYME?? REALLY??!!!! I told him I never saw a tick on her and he said well with little ones ya never know and this is how it starts. Good point. She sat so still while he drew the blood. She cried hard but sat still. Then he sent us up to the hospital to have an xray done. That terrified her as well. We were to go back to his office after the x-ray for results but I met Dr. Lancellotti on my way out.. He said go home, call the office after 1. He won't have the Lyme results for a week. A WEEK!! But he is thinking of starting her on antibiotics to be safe. He wanted to review the xrays first!!
OMG!!! I am a nervous wreck!!!
New New::: X RAY is okay.. not sure if this is good or bad news! Just got off the phone with her doc. He says give her motrin or advil 3x a day, continue her antibiotic, if her knee gets red and/or fever 102 or higher, I need to call him.. we are to return on Monday at 9a.m. for a follow up

2 comments:

Joanne said...

You sound like your doctor is on the ball but you need to be warry Lyme Disease are unlikely to come back positive until week 6/8 after the bite and blood tests are known to miss up to 50% of cases.

I suggest you do some research yourself while you have the chance to catch this in the early stages.

fluffyslippers said...

i'm so sorry kristy, that is so scary. i agree w/ joanne, sounds like your doc is right on it. don't feel bad to pester for results if you feel you need to LOL. hug that sweet girl for me and yourself as well.
hugs
susan