Thursday, August 20, 2009

::Who'd you be today by Kenny Chesney::

Sunny days seem to hurt the most.I wear the pain like a heavy coat.I feel you everywhere I go.I see your smile, I see your face,I hear you laughin' in the rain.I still can't believe you're gone.It ain't fair: you died too young,Like the story that had just begun,But death tore the pages all away.God knows how I miss you,All the hell that I've been through,Just knowin' no-one could take your place.An' sometimes I wonder,Who'd you be today?Would you see the world? Would you chase your dreams?Settle down with a family,I wonder what would you name your babies?Some days the sky's so blue,I feel like I can talk to you,An' I know it might sound crazy.It ain't fair: you died too young,Like the story that had just begun,But death tore the pages all away.God knows how I miss you,All the hell that I've been through,Just knowin' no-one could take your place.An' sometimes I wonder,Who you'd be today?Today, today, today.Today, today, today. Sunny days seem to hurt the most.I wear the pain like a heavy coat.The only thing that gives me hope,Is I know I'll see you again some day.Some day, some day, some day.
I heard this song on the way home from taking Carter to meet my sister half way.. I've heard it before but today it struck a cord..
It makes me think of the baby I lost in Sept. 03...... It really gets a mind to thinking.. who would the baby look like, what color hair, boy or girl.. ya' know those kind of questions. My angel baby would have had a birthday in May & would be starting Kindergarten this year..,I know that God does things in His terms.. I also understand that if I wouldn't have lost this baby Carter would not be here on Earth with me.. and I am positive that Carter has a very meaningful purpose in his life.. The loss is bittersweet to me.. I see all side of it.. the trauma, the happiness of a healthy child, the mourning, the celebration... but I still can't help but wonder....
"Who'd she be today?"... Yes I believe with all my heart that my Angel baby was/is a girl.. even twins.. So looking at it from that angle... Callie wouldn't be here today either.. Like I said God has a plan and int the end we will find out the plans full details..
Until we meet again My sweet Angel baby..
XoxoX

2 comments:

fluffyslippers said...

oh kristy, that song kills me too. i am so sorry, i wish there were something i could say to make you feel better but i know from experience...there is nothing that can be said. hugs

Becky said...

BIG HUGS...I hate country but that hit me. Love ya...