Tuesday, August 18, 2009

sOcCeR has started... with a bang!

Tonight was the official start of our fall season.... it didn't go smoothly to say the best..

1st of all both boys had a Dr. appointment at 5 p.m. (Remember that I have Charlie until 4:30). So we ate dinner super early..well early for us around 4 and then we rushed off to the Dr. spent a full hour there.. we never spend that much there. It is usually in and out... but NOOOO not tonight.. Carter had his 5 yr. check up.. he is long and lean but only at 32%tile for his height and 10th for his weight. Plus he had to get 2 shots.. he was not happy about that at all!



Owen's appointment was for his med check.. I finally convinced the Dr's to change his meds.. this has been a battle since before school let out. I have a check up in 3 wks. rather than 4 for an assessment. He hasn't gained much weight since June.. so the Ped. recommended that I give him Carnation instant breakfast instead of milk in the morning.. It has a higher calorie count. She gave me a few samples and coupons for it..YAY!!



So it was 6:05 when we got in the van.. practice starts at 6.. No biggie.. We get there and there are big nasty black clouds looming over the high school (near the soccer fields). Of course I knew it was gonna storm because we have to park like a half mile away from his field.. He is on field 4

Here is a map of the field layout to give you a better picture of how far it was...

The map isn't as clear as i hoped.. buti f you click on it it will open in seperate window

We weren't even a half hour into practice when.. BANG!! It stared thundering and lightning.. I told Owen let's go and get to the van.. Carter had already started to go. I had to push Callie in super thick grass.. I tried running but that didn't go so well.. I could tell how bad of shape I really am.. I was about half way to the van and another jolt of lightening cracked.. there were kids screamin and cryin. They were terrified and have every right to be.. It wasn't that long ago.. the beginning of summer, i think, that a tornado ripped through that exact area!

Once I got to the van I was soo out of breathe my heart was pounding and I had a hard time catching my breath.. Which is when it started raining.. big 'ole drops! I felt so bad that I couldn't get to the van fast enough for Callie. She didn't seem to shook up by the whole ordeal but Owen & Carter were in the van terrified!

I just hope that isn't in store for us most of season..

No comments: