Friday, January 2, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Yesterday, Jason and I decided to put Callie in her big girl bed! She was tickled to have so much bed! She was very entertaining to watch once we got the bed up and put together! She would climb up on it and bounce around... too cute!! I asked her if she likes her new big girl bed and she said uh huh !! I had bought the head & foot board at a yard sale this past summer for $8.00! It was very nasty but with some purple power and the pressure washer it came clean. We still need to paint it but that will have to wait until spring. Jason will use the Wagner and the pale pink that we used in her room.. it is almost white.. just a hint of pink! I found her bedding at Target... the comforter was on clearance for $20.00 and the sheets were $15.00 and they go with her room perfectly!
She went to bed perfectly in it. I was afraid of how she would do.. she was so excited that she barely tolerated letting me put her in jammies. Nap time was a bit different. I knew she was tired but she kept climbing out of her bed and playing. I kept with it and would go in there and tell her it's nap time, not play time. Put her back in her bed and tell her to have a good nap! I guess I done this about 12 times or so.. I waited by her door with it just barely open, enough for me to peek in.. It went fairly well I thought... I hope it gets a bit better each time!

Here is Callie sitting on "her" chair by her new bed!


She got this cute lil vanity for Christmas and LOVES IT!! She is always playing with it!



Callie, Carter, Sadie(the dog) & Lacey(her cousin)


This is the cute lil kitchen that Callie got from "Santa"

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Her room is sooooo cute!! I love it. The bed is cute too. What a good buy!

fluffyslippers said...

ok will you come design my room? that is seriously awesome! we ought to get you a job on trading spaces!

The Neally Family said...

I love her room! Her bed is so precious.