Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Callie's revamped room

So after Callie started ripping wallpaper off Jason & I talked about what we wanted to do about it. We first wanted to put bead board on it but the cost wasn't feasible for us.. around $120. So we thought we would just paint it.. but what color? We both said brown at the same time! It cost us around $40.00 to revamp the whole room.. sure beats $120. The paper ripped off nicely and the sticky backing wasn't too difficult either.. a little bit of water and it came right off. I started working on her room last Monday and it was finished completely this Monday... that included a new bow board,redoing her letters, and her lamp shade.
The plaque above her bed reads:: the princess sleeps here

I made her beautiful curtains.. i think they pull the whole room together

her new bow board .. its brown with pink ribbon.. kinda bland but still looks nice!

Her name redone

the veiw from the hallway!

3 comments:

fluffyslippers said...

it's gorgeous kristy! you have such a talent, your kids and future daughters in law and son in law are lucky to have you around to help out with decorating!

susan

The Neally Family said...

I love it Kristy. You did an amazing job. I love the little cradle in her room. How cute!! I also love the new bow board and letters. You are so crafty!

my life said...

Lea,
My daddy made callie that lil cradle. thanks so much