Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sleep.. that is surely not something a mother needs!!

Something seems to be going on with our sweet lil princess.. Callie. It all started 2 nights ago. She went to bed at her usual 8 o'clock bedtime but was back up at 9:30. She wasn't up to play, she was up to fuss!! Nothing worse or at least not to me..LOL!! She tossed and turned, moaned and groaned all night long. Yesterday she was a bit of a hand full, one might say. She was into EVERYTHING! and would throw a full blown tantrum when scolded or told no! Last night's sleep wasn't any better. She was up about every hour SCREAMING! I am not sure if she had a belly ache or is she is cutting teeth... she still only has 6 (4 on top, 2 on bottom)! She is by far my worst out of the 3 to cut teeth.. she takes 4EVER & is miserable the whole time! Today sadly enough didn't get any better.. she was a bear all day long. I put her down for 2 naps instead of her usual 1.. I put her down around 1:30 for her second... she didn't go to sleep on her own like normal.. she screamed and cried for a good half hour or so. I went to her and here she had a stinky diaper(poor baby) and she had thrown all her things out of her crib..(her pillow, teddy & her dinky) .. not only did she throw her things out but she bit a chunk out of her dinky.. WHAT??! Now I have to mend it. She would be lost without that and her nipper, which I should start weaning her off of it.. but it really helps on days like today! I am praying(for the past 2 nights) that she sleeps much better tonight and we at least make it to 2 a.m. before she wakes to join us in our bed.
On a brighter note we (I really mean "I") have broken Callie of her bottle. She is now only allowed to have a cup.. Yay for Callie.. now if I could get her to go on the potty and lose her nipper...
HA! I really am tired!!

1 comment:

fluffyslippers said...

oh honey, i so feel your pain. i am so sorry callie is going thru this and i hope it passes quickly! hugs!
xoxo