Sunday, October 12, 2008

one more tree.. PLEASE!!!

So after we cut down the 2 pine trees out front it still wasn't what I was hoping for. Don't get me wrong, I loved how it opened up the front of the house and how you could now see it from the street.. BUT there was 1 more tree in my way.. the cute lil maple! It was hardly noticeable when the pines where there because half of it was growing into the big pine. After much convincing, Jason agreed to cut it down. So that is what we did yesterday! We worked all day long on the front yard... We got out close to 8 or 8:30 and didn't come in until dark.. which is around 7ish! After Jason got the tree cut, all of us helped clear it away. Callie even tried helping. Once that was done it was noon and time to go rent the stump grinder. Oh what fun that was!Jason rolled the dang thing! I came back from taking load of debris out back to Jason motioning me to hurry with the tractor because he rolled it.. He made one bad move and that is what happened. When I got out front smoke was billowing down the street from where it laid over and all the oil and gas ran out onto the hot engine. We used the tractor to pull it back up right and started again...
I used some of the grindings around the kids swing set up back. It made really nice mulch.
After Jason was done grinding we put some seed and straw down hoping to get a nice green, lush front lawn.. that will be totally awesome. Jason isn't too happy right now with it looking so barren out there but he said once the grass comes in nice and lush he will be happy and it will look much better. He said today as we were driving to church.. well you got what you wanted once again!!!!
I'll put up a picture when I take one from the same spot as the other ones

No comments: