Monday, October 27, 2008

dreams are coming true!

When Jason and I purchased our home 3 short years ago, we never thought we would start seeing some of our dreams come true so soon... like our lil fire pit area.. That was a dream of mine when we 1st came to the open house. I remember walking the property with Jason and saying how awesome it would be to have a patio way up here (the back corner of the property). Somewhere I can come and sit, drink my coffee and watch the children play.. Well We have it already! It was one of my must be done summer jobs!
Our newest dream come true was a privacy hedge along RT.272 side of the yard. There was a long span of yard (I think Jason said it was around 85ft.) that opened up to a yard that borders RT.272.. not a real big problem but we were thinking about our future.The land is owned by and elderly woman and it wouldn't surprise us if once she passed away if her property wouldn't be sold and developed,not a lot can go on the land but I still wanted to be able to know that I had our privacy if that would be the case years down the road. Anyway on the 19th we were heading to my sisters for a birthday party(Happy 1st B-day Scottie)and I happened to spot a bunch of Arborvitae shrubs at a discount grocer. On the way back I made Jason stop so we could check the price.. ONLY $12.49 EACH.. these arbs were 6-8ft tall.. what a bargain!! we scarfed them up that week.I went back on Monday with my dad in his truck and trailer to pick up some. Jason got them planted and we decided we needed more to finish the hedge up. We went back on Sat. to get more but they only had a different breed of them. We got them anyway hoping once they grow and fill in it won't be noticeable. I called a local nursery on Saturday and for the size and quantity that we got our hedge would have cost us $1400.00 We paid a small fraction of that cost!

1 comment:

fluffyslippers said...

it looks beautiful kristy! what a great find!

xo
susan