Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day.. twenty ten

Father's Day this year seemed a bit more special than those in the past.. Maybe it was due to the fact that my dad almost wasn't here for this one....

This year we celebrated like any other year.. Got up went to church & then headed over to my parents for a family cookout.. Hamburgers & sausage on the grill..YUMMM!
I didn't get dad anything really special this year.. just an outfit (I find him extremely difficult to shop for) But I made sure I gave him a hug at church and told him I love him & Happy Father's day!
The kids got Jason one of those zero gravity chairs.. He had mentioned in passing one day that he would like to have a recliner for outside.. that is exactly what the zero gravity chair is.. it even has a sun shade. We got him a lil side tray as well.. to hold his drink & whatever else he chooses



the highlight of the day was when dad told Eddy to flag down the icecream truck & have him come over to our house(my parents).. When that icecream truck pulled up in the yard playing it's famous tune the kids were beside themselves! Callie started jumping up & down yelling icecream over & over! that guy prolly had his best stop of the day right there in our yard!!

No comments: