Thursday, June 25, 2009

the Maryland zoo in Baltimore

On the 14th we took a trip to the zoo.. if you would here Jason say it: we were going to see some of my family:: i got so tired of hearing that! I was never funny at any point but he beat it like a drum.. I wouldn't be lying if I said I wouldn't care to hear that saying ever again!
Anywho.. we took Peggy and her family along. we had a great time. the sun was hot but thankfully the zoo is like 90% shaded! Somehow I still managed to get some sun. Just me.. I had put sunblock and the kids. We got there around noon and stayed til closing.. 5:00 pm! This is our 2nd trip there and we haven't seen the lions yet. We are planning another trip next month on our Anniversary.. Carter says that we must go to the Lions first!!




::The Prairie Dogs::




this is new exhibit that opened just this month! There were several babies.. they would lay flat out on their tummies and soak up the sun! too cute








::the Polar bear::




This polar bear wanted to take a plunge in the refreshing water but was hesitant.. it took her 3 times before she finally decided to do it.. There was a big crowd gathered around to watch. Last year we didn't get to see them because it was too hot for them to be out! The boys were super excited to see 'em this go around!!









::The marsh lands::

This was really neat.. the kids took off their shoes & socks and walked across these giant lilly pads.. they were on springs and their body weight sank them down just a wee bit.. enought to get their feet wet.. Carter done it over and over and over again.


Owen(in da purple) Lacey & Carter is leading










::photo op::
I forget what type of bird makes a nest similar to this type of nest..

we stuck all of the kids in it for a picture.. Not all of them were as willing to do this.. *wink*wink*
Cailan, Lacey & Scotty,Owen & Carter and of course Callie
There were many neat pictures taken but these are the only ones I am gonna share.. mainly because I am tired of the slow uploader.. hehehehee!

1 comment:

The Neally Family said...

Cool! The polar bear is super neat and those lily pads are really cool too. I love zoos!