Tuesday, May 5, 2009

home improvements

Jason has been working on replacing the windows a room at a time... which totally sucks, right? 1st it was Callie's room (before she was born) and the boys bathroom.. this year it is our room(we have 3). On Saturday he done the eve side window and now today is replacing the 2 in the front of the house.
With refinancing the house we were able to get some money back(money that is in our current escrow) so we are using that money to do a few more things around the house.. like ordering the rest of the windows for the house.. which is 2 for the dining room, 1 for the kitchen, 1 for my bath & 1 for the downstairs family room. Plus we are ordering a new back door. All of these great improvements that Jason is able to install himself should help a lot with our fuel bill. I hope!! The old windows shook and rattled with the wind and you could feel the cold air just pouring in. Not to mention that 90% of them were stuck shut so I was never able to open a window to let fresh air in. Not to mention these are tilt ins, which now i will actually need to clean them.. i guess that is a down side.. he he he!!

We had a date night on Saturday and to show how lame we are we went to Lowe's and bought a new pedestal sink and a water sense toilet for the boys' bathroom.
The new toilet only uses 1.28 gallons per flush.oh and did I mention it's not pink!!? It really is quite amazing! My over all goal is to rip out the old mint green tile and replace it with wainscoting and then have the tub redone and new tile put down in the shower area and the floor. I am so stoked about upgrading their bathroom.

4 comments:

The Neally Family said...

Those are really pretty windows. Love the style. I think the bathroom looks fabulous. I see the pink border that I know you don't care for, but I love the color of the rest of the tile. It looks really nice with the new sink and toilet.

fluffyslippers said...

wowie zowie! all that is awesome!!!!!!!!!

my life said...

the tile wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the pink tile. i love the grids in the windows.

Leah said...

Hey Kristy, love the pedestal sink. I swear we have the same one! Looks great!