Tuesday, October 27, 2009

pumpkin Carving

The boys have been boogering me to carve one of the pumpkins.. this is a task that I don't enjoy doing very much... why you ask?? My boys always choose designs that are beyond their skill level. That causes a lot of disagreements in itself.. not to mention that I am somewhat of a perfectionist and can't just let the boys go at it..LOL
The first design didn't fit our pumpkin, the second choose did.. Yay.. skull & crossbones! My favorite.

I let them clean out the goop from inside..
The boys loved this part.. Callie not so much!



Owen would dig his hand in there and then shake his hands.. I had pumpkin mess everywhere!!
Carter liked seperating the seeds.. we are letting them dry out, then I am gonna bake them in the oven for a treat.. yumm!!


The finished jack o latern!!


lit up with the strobe light (i got it at target).. not the greatest picture but it was difficult to take..


2 comments:

The Neally Family said...

Cool. That's the design that Josh picked. I picked the Trick or Treat and it was going so well until it broke between the e and a in treat and I had to tape it on. LOL.

my life said...

i thought mine was gonna break near the one eye.. those designs are so tricky