Monday, March 30, 2009

time for spring cleaning

Spring cleaning for me sometimes goes beyond typical spring cleaning. Each year since we have lived here I have held a yard sale on Good Friday.. this is a good money maker for me. I clean out all kinds of kids clothes, house-hold junk, and whatever else I am tired of! Last year I got enough to pay for our mulch.. all 12 yards!Or however many it was..HA! So this year is no different except I have longer to prepare.. Easter is in April this year.. woo hooo!
This also gives me time to decide that I need change! So I am following my habits and repainting.. I say habits because I repaint every 3-4 yrs.. this drives Jason a tad bit insane. He recently told me "the paint we have now just dried, why repaint?" My reply:"We have been here 4 yrs and have 3 kids.. that why!"

On Saturday I did the dining room... the color is Deepest Forest!

Before:: don't mind the egg coloring(this was last year)


After( the picture is of my Papaw's barn in Alabama, the frame is made of wood from it)

2 comments:

The Neally Family said...

So that's where you've been! It looks fantastic. I just love that 2nd color. Great job.

The Neally Family said...

Ok so I read it again and caught that you were doing a before and after. Well... the after is great. I need sleep.