Monday, March 9, 2009

Signs of Spring

Seems as of late everywhere i look i see signs that spring is coming. Today while walking back to the house from putting Carter on the bus, I noticed that some of my shrubs are getting lil green leaves & my tulips are popping up. Yesterday I saw my first Robbin of the season singing away high in tree top! Today I am hanging laundry out to dry in the wind... not the breeze as we are having high winds today with gusts up to 50 mph! I figured at those rates, my clothes should be dry in no time.
Ah the other sign of spring is that we "sprang" forward. This time change has really messed Callie up. She has been a crabby mess.Last night she went to bed at 7.30 & then she slept until 8 am today. At nap time she didn't want to go down. It took me several attempts of putting her tiny hiney back in her bed! Finally it was quite so I took a peek, she wasn't in her bed! she was curled up next to her door. I could barely open it. I think i should start leaving her door shut during the night as well. I have put one of those childproof doorknob covers on the inside of her door so she can't open it... better than locking it!
Back to spring... I have also noticed that there are some weeds *aack* popping through the mulch! HELP ME! The grass seems to be turning a brighter shade of green daily and the spot that Sadie uses is the most healthy! LOL!! I have also seen a few places mowed! yep yep! those landscapers are in a hurry to get those business striped and up to par! Gosh I do miss that!

No comments: