Friday, September 26, 2008

15 month check up


Callie turned 15 mths on the 15th but we had to reschedule her check up due to sickness... She went yesterday! She received 2 shots (MMR & Prevnar). She cried hard and I felt helpless.
She now officially weighs 20lbs 4oz.(that puts her in the 15%) She is 31" tall(65%) I talked to her Pediatrician about her waking 3 times a night for a bottle so he checked her ears and her mouth and said its due to her teething. Callie currently has only 6 teeth. She cuts teeth worse than either of the boys ever did.. His advice was to give her more solids before bed. Easier said than done, I told him... He said she is a healthy, vibrant girl. I think I am gonna ween her off of her bottle to a cup in hopes that will also deter her from those feedings. .The nurse asked their required age questions.. this months were hard for us... "does she point to her body parts when asked?" uuhh NO, we really don't do that. (I know I am a bad mommy!!) "Does she know that she is a girl?" Ok. .what kind of question is that!! she is 15 mths old not 2.. My reply to that was well she knows she is something cuz she sure likes to dig at it when I change her!! I was very dumbfounded at these milestone questions for this well visit!! I guess I need to start working on the body parts with her. Now next month she has to get the flu shot.. as do the boys..Three shots at once!! I don't think they are gonna be happy with me when we are done.

2 comments:

fluffyslippers said...

kristy can you ask the doc if they do the nasal spray flu vaccine? i just read about it in parents magazine. i don't know if callie can have it or not, i think they have to be 2 yrs old but it may be worth looking into!
good luck!

Anonymous said...

Nice job Jason!!!!!!Looks good.....
Kristy,You do a really nice job on here,and the reading can be very intertaining.....Love& miss you all,Mom