Wednesday, July 16, 2008

uggg:::... what a week....:::

Last Monday evening Callie woke me up around 11:30 pm vomiting everywhere((gross, I know))!! Just as I got one area cleaned she was puking somewhere else((our bed)). The vomiting continued through out the night.. mostly dry-heaving((poor baby girl))!! Then on Tues. it turned to diarrhea. She couldn't keep nothing down. It was coming out one end or the other. On Weds.she took a nap that lasted from 10 until around 2:30 or so. When she woke she started vomiting again. I decided to call her Pediatrician. She was then admitted to the hospital to be hydrated via I.V. Jason was out of town with work and couldn't be there to comfort me or Callie. All he could do was pray that everything was going to be okay. The overnight hospital stay was an adventure in itself. Since Callie is walking everywhere it was hard to contain her so she wouldn't stretch her I.V. Soo not fun!! They did some lab work.. kept her on a bland diet and such. On Thursday eve((around 8ish)) her Ped. done his rounds and said as long as I felt she was doing better and her BM's were getting more substance to it, we could go... YAY!! We jetted out of there, fast!! Monday she went back to the Ped. for a follow up. The Ped. explained to me that what Callie had was a bacteria ((I forget the name(I have it on paper somewhere)) and it usually requires an antibiotic by I.V. due to it being resistant to all oral forms that she could take((the ones that it wasn't resistant to could have cause malformation of her bone cartlidge))!! The way I took it was... She wasn't sure how Callie was on the mend without getting antibiotics !! All I can say is GOD IS GOOD!!

1 comment:

The Neally Family said...

That is so scary. I'm so glad that Callie is feeling better now.