Thursday, July 24, 2008

Every dog needs a boy... or two


A dog can be much more than a dog... Our dog is a member of our family.. Sadie Elizabeth Sensenig.. Yep she has a complete name and I use it just the same as I would the boys or Callie when I get angry.. it all comes out..lol !! She is also the boys friend.. loyal to the end. A playmate that never tires of playing ball. A sleeping buddy on lonely nights. A listening ear.. the list could go on & on.
Right before we moved into this house Owen wanted a puppy, keep in mind he was only 4 then. Jason and I agreed that once we moved and got settled we would buy a puppy. I had always wanted a Jack Russell ever since seeing Eddie on Frasier.. I loved that dog! Then I done some research.. A JRT wasn't looking so good after all. They had many qualities I didn't want::: hyper, jumpy, not good with kids, snippy::: Jason and I thought it over and of course the 2 biggest issues were the hyperness and the not good with kids.. after all we already had 2 at the time... Well we figured that we needed a dog that could keep up to Owen.. so a JRT it was!! Let me tell you that she has not kept true to her breed.. that is one LAZY dog!! She lies around all day long.. she will have her spurts where she rips and runs but overall.. lazy!! She does very well with the kids, even Callie who calls her woof-woof!! She is our perfect dog..

No comments: