Tuesday, March 2, 2010

potty training Callie

I figured it was time to potty train Callie and voiced my opinion many times to her... telling her she was a big girl and it was time to use the potty. After we came home from Disney, I started.. no more diapers(only for nap & bedtime).. just big girl panties!

She took to peeing in her lil potty quick & easy.. pooping was a whole other story. She Callie has problems pooping. She stays constipated most of the time, despite my best efforts to give her more fiber. She would sneak and hide somewhere to poop. If I would catch her mid-way and put her on the potty she still wouldn't finish... she would hold it, which added to her constipation issues.. Never ending cycle, right?

Well I had been wondering if she isn't allergic to milk.. that is her main source of nutrition. So last week after talking to my Sister in law, Mary, I decided to switch her from regular milk to lactaid... Not sure if it is helping since it was only late Saturday that I switched her. Lactaid milk is a lil over 5 bucks a gallon and my lil girl can put away the milk. However, if it helps her poop then I will gladly pay the price.

So this morning as I am making myself breakfast, I noticed Callie has disappeared and is quite.. not a good sign. Frantically I start looking for her. I just knew she was hiding in a corner or closet somewhere pooping! When I yelled her name she answered which isn't normal if she is hiding. I asked where are you? She replys "I'm pooping" I am walking back to find her in her bedroom but NOPE! She was sitting on her potty in the BATHROOM!! I asked "are you really pooping?"
and she didn't need to answer as I heard..plop..plop!! I was beyond ecstatic! I stared getting all misty-eyed that she finally went poo on her lil potty! I hooped and hollered.. gave her a big high five! So if she continues this the rest of the week, chances are you will find us at chuck e. cheese this weekend.. because I promised to take her there once she started pooping in her potty!

1 comment:

The Neally Family said...

Your post made me misty-eyed. LOL. Way to go Callie!