Tuesday, September 8, 2009

our Backyard retreat

So for labor day we Labored!! Plus we were all sick .. well all but Jason.

Thursday I ordered 4 yards of mulch & some rail road ties that was delivered on Friday. On Saturday Jason & I picked up a skid of patio pavers and some other stuff... for our retreat!

I mulched our flower beds around our house and Jason worked on the patio. He brought home the skid loader from work to level out a pad. We worked most of the day on Sat. and on Sunday we took a break.. Jason went to church by himself while I stayed home with sick kids. .. Callie woke up from her nap on Thursday with a 101.4 fever and Carter got it as well.

Monday we got back at it and worked all day, again. It was hard for me to get motivated... I have a bad back ache, cramps, and congestion.. I feel like poo!

After we finished we invited mom & dad over , lit a fire and roasted hot dogs and made some s'mores...yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks Awesome!!! Great job!

Joanna

The Neally Family said...

Looks great! What a great idea.