Thursday, February 14, 2008

Owen's thumb





So about 2.5 weeks ago Owen stabbed himself in the thumb with a saftey pin. A couple days later he was complaining that his thumb hurt really bad.. well I told him that he shouldnt have stabbed himself. Well a day later(Monday the 4th) the school nurse called me to tell me that Owen's thumb was really infected and that the infection was traveling up his arm. I took him to the Dr. that afternoon and I guess if I would have waited another day(which I planned on because he had a scheduled Dr. appointment on Tues.) he would have been put in the hospital. The Dr. put him on 2 antibiotics... 1 was for more resistant strans of bacteria. The blue marks in the photos are from where the Dr. "mapped" out his infection lines... I guess God sends angels in all forms..In this case it was Mrs. Grieve the school nurse!!

No comments: